Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Let me catch my breath...

So much has gone on since I myself have updated! So, back on the 8th of August, I headed over to the Plaza Arts Center to be a voyeur and costume participant for Glam'Amour's Bewitching Burlesque Midsummer Masquerade. (Say that 5 times fast!) The show was AMAZING! The debuts were astounding (gotta say, Jade Pearl and Miss Bubbles von BonBon were among my faves!) and the still fresh Aviva Voila put on quite a show, despite a costume malfunction, and recieved the only standing ovation that night. That to me means that you are meant to be a TRUE performer! The veterans put on thier game faces and wowed the crowd as usual, with Ginger Valentine, Black Mariah and Ruby Joule headlining the show!

Now, onto the costume portion - my main squeeze Erin Go Braughless from ATX freaking KILLED in a handmade mucha libre costume, and hammed it up to take the Crowd Favorite! A most handsomely dressed man decked out in Edwardian fare took Most Debonair, and Alice from Dallas took Most Glamorous. Now, I'll be honest, I really was rooting for two different gals standing next to me for most Bewitching - one was completely decked out in 1920's garb, and the other in a fetching top hat, corset and gown that looked KILLER - but when they called my name, I just grinned like an idiot and tried not to cry tears of joy. I spent a good 8 or 9 days of 4-8 hours a day on my costume, all the way down to the pantyhose were all mapped out. I looked out on the crowd cheering so hard for me, and I wanted nothing more than to hug everyone! It was truly an amazing evening, and I look forward to sitting on the panel of judges next year.

I will post photos very very soon! Or, go to my MySpace, or my friends Halo or NakedLens!

Cheers!

V

2 comments:

  1. You looked amazing and deserve every bit of that tiara, Prince(ss) Peacock! ;)

    ReplyDelete