Monday, July 27, 2009

Kim of Poisoned Creations!

OK - so I know you alllll went to Atomic Frolic, yes? Well, I hope you did, because it was one of the most AMAZING experiences ever! The cast was amazing, the crew rocked, and La Divina and Diamond Jim pulled out all the stops! Well, this night was special for me as well, because I got to be a mannequin for some amazing local companies that night... the fabu Kim of Poisoned Creations came to my rescue when I desperately needed to complete my 50's housewife attire, and made me a special apron to wear! I think I looked pretty spot on... :)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket



1.) How did you get into creating your own unique products?

I started out making baby items like bibs and blankets for my brother’s twins and then dresses and skirts for my daughter and me. I really liked that I could pick and design what I wanted rather then store buying. From there it grew to family and friends wanting those items too.

2.) How do you feel when you see someone wearing or carrying something from your line?

It’s awesome! I love that my designs are getting out there and liked. It’s also awesome to be told how much torture an item has been through and yet it’s still as perfect like the day they bought it.

3.) What's been one of your biggest challenges you've faced with your business, and what's been your biggest accomplishment?

One of my biggest challenges is getting my name out there beyond Texas. Just like any designer I want to be out there in the bright lights. My biggest accomplishment would probably have to be at Hot Rods and Heels during the fashion show portion. I have never done a fashion show and it was fabulous. I was given awesome models to work with and that is always great!

4.) What's new in store for Poisoned Creations?

I’m extending my line to include men’s clothing and women’s fascinator hats. I’m sure men want something rockin’ you can’t find in stores too. The fascinator hats have opened up a whole other outlet of creating for me that I love!

5.) Speaking of creative, how did you come up with that name?

I wish I had a good story but sadly I don’t. I just wrote down all kinds of words I could use in a name on a pad of paper and came up with Poisoned Creations. It fits, I love using skulls in my designs. Maybe now I should think of a fabulous story that could only be made up ha!

6.) Who would you like to see in your creations?

I would love to see Dita Von Teese in my designs. She is so gorgeous and I love her style. I would also love to see Gwen Stefani in my designs. She has such a unique style and her personality really shows in what she wears. As for men’s clothing I would love to see Jesse James or maybe Mike Ness in my shirts. Both scream bad ass to me. Also since I have been reminiscing of my childhood lately I would say Donnie Wahlberg. He was gangsta to me back then ;)

Her designs are original, and she truly puts hard work and love into everything she makes. Please check her line out at http://PoisonedCreations.etsy.com and her MySpace! Check back later this week for your Daily Shot of Miss Coco Lectric, and interviews coming up with Red Hot Annie and Dusty Summers!

Cheers!

V

1 comment: